Saturday, November 5, 2011

Notes on the News: Secretary of State

In an attempt to streamline this blog and post more often I bring you a new style of posting! I write notes about everything, and as a news junkie I often write down my own opinions on popular stories; generally I wait until I have a few pages on a solid topic to write a short essay. I want to publish my own private thoughts on the news stories I think are important, while many of these topics are fleeting moments in history, there is significance in the commonplace.

-Hillary Clinton - Interesting Time piece highlighting Clinton's foreign policy experience. Nice pictures she looks better with her hair longer.
She seems to be power personified
Love the poem at the end of the piece
Promoting President Obama's foreign policy administration, could be important in 2012, foreign policy is one of the President's positive messages.
Made statement about not being interested in returning to politics, shame brilliant strategist, will she continue if Obama is reelected?
Secretary of State is usually a popular figure, Condoleezza Rice went on Jon Stewart promoting new book, very popular with Republicans even now, they want her to run, maybe 2016
Prediction: John Huntsman will be new Secretary of State, no one else has foreign policy experience, usually SoS is a former political opponent.

TIME Article: 
http://swampland.time.com/2011/10/27/hillary-clinton-and-the-limits-of-power/
Condoleezza Rice Book:
http://www.randomhouse.com/book/196659/no-higher-honor-by-condoleezza-rice


No comments:

Post a Comment